How can I help a loved-one who is dying from COVID and who cannot receive the Anointing of the Sick?
One of the most important spiritual gifts Our Lord has given us is the revelation He made to St. Faustina in the 1930’s.
Recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy allows a person to intercede for a dying soul, regardless of their sinfulness, so that Jesus himself will stand between that soul and His Heavenly Father not as a just judge, but as a loving savior.
Jesus I Trust In You.
HOW TO PRAY THE CHAPLET OF DIVINE MERCY
Rosary beads or your fingers can be used for this prayer.
1. Make the sign of the cross. Then pray,
“You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us."
(Repeat three times) "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You!”
2. Pray one Our Father, one Hail Mary and The Apostles' Creed.
3. Pray, “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.”
4. Pray 10 times, “For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 four more times for a total of five decades.
6. (Repeat three times) “Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”
7. Pray the closing prayer, “Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen."